Picture this… it’s a hot summer day, you want something refreshing to drink but you’re tired of everything you have on hand. That’s why we’re sharing this SUPER EASY recipe for Fresh mint lemonade. It’s the perfect blend of spicy and sweet that will cool you off on a hot Summer day.
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup fresh mint (packed)
11 cups water
In a medium saucepan, add mint leaves to water and bring to a rolling boil.
Tip: To get more mint flavor, bruise mint leaves slightly with wooden spoon before adding to water
While water is boiling squeeze lemons to make 1 cup of lemon juice.
Tip: Place lemon on counter, press down on with palm and roll on counter to soften before juicing
Remove from heat, cover and let mint steep in water for 10-15 minutes
Remove mint leaves from water with a slotted spoon
Add brown sugar to pot and stir until dissolved
Add lemon juice and stir
Chill in refrigerator and serve over ice
Print the recipe here:
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup fresh mint (packed)
- 11 cups water
- In a medium saucepan, add mint leaves to water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and let mint steep in water for 10-15 minutes
- Remove mint leaves with a slotted spoon
- Add brown sugar to pot and stir until dissolved
- Add lemon juice and stir
- Chill in refrigerator
- Serve over ice
Do you have a favorite Summer drink recipe? We’d love to hear about it!